The fascinating science of Archeology is a key to understand our origins and their environment. It is an inter-disciplinary field, which seeks to reconstruct the world that has once lived through deciphering the context of the smallest of the evidence.
Naturally, there is an immense curiosity about the field.
The Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute is thus thrilled to announce the first-of-its-kind online course on Archeology, that provides a 360° insight into the fundamentals of Archelogy within a span of 10 lectures (duration – 50/60 minutes)
Designed And Delivered By Dr. Pramod Jogalekar, The Course Delves Into Following Topics –
- What is archaeology and how it is related to our past?
- Archaeology, anthropology, history, and other disciplines
- Archaeological periods
- History of archaeology
- Archaeological record – archaeological sites
- Branches of archaeology
- Methods of finding sites
- Methods of digging to reconstruct the past
- Artefacts, ecofacts- nature of evidence
- Science in archaeology- physical sciences
- Science in archaeology- biological sciences
The course will take place between 1 August 2022 – 13 August 2022.
The lectures will be delivered via zoom at 7 PM. The lectures are pre-recorded and at the end of week a live Q/A sessions will be conducted.
The fee of the course in INR 1800/-
All lectures are delivered by Dr. Pramod Jogalekar.
In case of any queries, feel free to contact us at:
We look forward to your participation.